19 January 2024

Rising Star Alert: Hadiyah Santos, Erik Santos' Sister, Shines in ABS-CBN's Zoomers Talent Search


 Numerous Gen Z personalities have been captivating audiences with their charisma and talents, and now, Erik Santos' sister is poised to embrace the challenge of becoming one of the most promising stars in this dynamic generation.

Erik's 19-year-old sister, Hadiyah Santos, boldly stepped into the spotlight, eager to embark on her journey toward stardom. She recently entered Zoomers, a talent search hosted by the media giant ABS-CBN and its talent agency, Star Magic. The show's goal is to efficiently select five lead stars for the upcoming teen series, "Zoomer's" (note the spelling difference).

Hadiyah's audition clip featured an initial interview, offering glimpses into her life beyond the glitz of showbiz. Despite her limited experience in major acting projects, Hadiyah emphasized her profound passion for the craft.

"I don't have much of an acting background except for the acting workshops I've attended. I want to be here because acting is truly my passion. When I do it in workshops, I really enjoy it," she shared with the judging panel, comprising TV Production Head Director Laurenti Dyogi and esteemed film directors Theodore Boborol and Chad Vidanes.

When asked about her perspective on being the sister of one of the country's most renowned ballad singers, Hadiyah became emotional. During that period, their father was gravely ill and fighting for his life, just a few months after their mother's passing.

Expressing her deep connection with her brother, Hadiyah stated, "He's the one I'm extremely close to in the family."

Before her audition, Erik had visited Hadiyah and offered words of encouragement. "My brother always supports whatever I want to do. As long as I'm enjoying it," she shared with the judging panel.



Among the available lead characters, Hadiyah decided to try out for the role of Tania in "Zoomer's." The show's production team depicted Tania as an influencer, a digital native, and a character who discovers her bisexuality.

During her audition, Hadiyah participated in a heartwarming scene with fellow Gen Z actress Gillian Vicencio. Director Lauren praised her performance, describing it as "refreshing to see."
Tragically, during the audition process, Hadiyah's father passed away. Despite the grief they are experiencing, she shared that there is solace in knowing that their parents are now free from pain and danger.

Undeterred by the challenges, Hadiyah is determined to establish herself in the vast realm of actresses in the showbiz scene. Importantly, all her aspirations and dreams in life are dedicated to her supportive family. "What I do for my brother, I dedicate to my brother and my family," she declared with conviction.

by KATE SARMIENTO


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here.